Drupal Design Skills 2012
Does learning to design for Drupal feel hard? Does theme building feel like a mountain sized task? Feel like there’s still a lot to learn about designing for Drupal but not sure what to start with? Fear no more!
This session will dive into specifics of what skills, technologies, and tools Web Designers need to know so as not to fall behind or feel obsolete.
NOTE: This is not a session teaching you how to edit Drupal templates – other sessions & videos are available for that training.
With this session you will walk away feeling focused about what you need to know and where everything is! If you already know a little Drupal, HTML & CSS then you’ve already completed three steps. Come see what’s left to learn when designing for any CMS – especially Drupal.
Covered in this session:
- What parts of Drupal theme design do I really need to know? What parts are easy or hard?
- What skills & tools do I need to be competitive designer today? How can I generate repeat business?
- What modules, themes, software, and tools should I be using? How should I be using my tools?
- What skills should I have? What should my resume not be missing?
- What skills do Drupal developers have? How do I work with or within a team?
- How can I plan ahead a design for Drupal to not waste time or add more work for myself later?
- Drupal theme design tips
- How and where do I keep learning Drupal?