Form API 101: Intro to building Forms in Drupal using PHP
Ready to learn how forms are built or manipulated in Drupal using PHP code? Take your Drupal skills up to the next level by getting comfortable with the basic PHP needed to build and manipulate forms using the Form API (also known as FAPI).
What you will learn:
- What form fields are possible using the Form API
- How to build a new form from scratch that appears at a custom URL
- How to override (manipulate) an existing form
- How to make fields disabled, appear in a different order, or save their data elsewhere
- How to debug a form
- Basic info on creating CUSTOM form fields & items
- Form API info good for both Drupal 7 & 6
NOTE: To enjoy this session fully you should be comfortable with HTML & CSS, and have some basic comfort or understanding of Arrays and/or PHP.